Art is everywhere — especially on YouTube — and sometimes it’s comforting to turn to the pros. Each week, Ovation will consult the trusted curators of the top arts authorities’ YouTube channels to bring you the best of the best. This week’s roundup takes us inside the arts, from museums to musicians.
1. An awesome 8-year-old named Sebastian helps us see art through the eyes of a child. Watch him interview artist Jessica Artman as she works on a miniature copy of one of the Met’s sculptures. One thing is obvious – Sebastian is going places. (He’s adorable!)
Subscribe to The Metropolitan Museum of Art
2. Take a walk through the 75-year history of The Walker Art Center and its appetite for boundary-pushing, thought-provoking works.
Subscribe to Walker Art Center
3. Join drummer Kyle Poole in an average day as a musician coming up in the jazz world. In Part One of this new documentary series from Jazz at Lincoln Center you learn about the beginnings of Kyle’s love for drumming and get a new perspective on your commute. (Now that’s commitment.)
Subscribe to Jazz at Lincoln Center
4. Sit back and let St. Paul and the Broken Bones blow your mind with their modern soul sound. From the Paradise Rock Club in Boston, WGBH brings you a live performance of Like A Mighty River.
Subscribe to WGBH Music
5. Artist Shezad Dawood was given the task of bridging two forms of artistic expression by representing dance through visual art. See how he brought them together for The Tate and Sadler’s Wells.
Subscribe to Tate