Art is everywhere — especially on YouTube — and sometimes it’s comforting to turn to the pros. Each week, Ovation will consult the trusted curators of the top arts authorities’ YouTube channels to bring you the best of the best. This week’s selection takes us on a journey of sounds, images and ideas – woohoo!
1. The Museum of Contemporary Art Los Angeles showcases the music and music video of Henry Wolfe. Watch “Encino” featuring Jena Malone:
2. As part of its 75th Anniversary celebrations, The Walker Art Center in Minneapolis pulls a video from its archives featuring Chuck Close discussing one of his most famous pieces, Big Self Portrait.
3. The Joffrey Ballet teases its new production of Swan Lake, set in 1890s Paris.
4. Blouin ArtInfo takes us inside the studio with artist Jose Parla.
5. Check out the Los Angeles County Museum of Art’s program for teens. A great way to nurture the next generation of artists and art lovers.