The Fashion Fund Season 2 premiered this week! We are beyond excited here at Ovation and cannot wait to see more from the top ten best designers in America! To further tune up our fashion engines (so that we can feel perfectly justified in vehemently disagreeing or agreeing with Anna Wintour and the other esteemed judges), we are spending lots of time reading fashion blogs. These are the top 8 fashion bloggers who are rocking our world and expanding our wardrobes right now.
1. Start in New York City with The Spicy Stiletto, a fashion and style (and more!) blog by Serena Goh. We not only love her New York gal style, but also the layout and the categories – including a recipes section and an easy way to shop her picks!
2. Next check in with a more laid-back, west coast attitude on the Song of Style blog by Aimee Song. She takes perfect pictures of her actual outfits and always looks perfectly styled for the occasion. We love that she rocks shorts and tees and party dresses with the same panache.
3. Head down to Dallas where Jane Aldridge has been running a successful blog (with the help of her camerawoman and mom, Judy), since she was just 15 years old! Now seven years later, Sea Of Shoes is still a formidable player in the blog world and provides a unique perspective from the L.A. and New York-dominated fashion scene.
4. Take a weekend break with Waiting For Saturday, a fashion blog all about down-time, weekends, and whenever you feel free to wear what you want. This blog, run by Nicole Benuska & Olivia Villanti will have you yearning for the beach in no time.
5. Get the male perspective at He Spoke Style (get it?). This blog by Brian Sacawa is based out of Baltimore, Maryland and has an over-achiever point of view, with gorgeous shots of put together men. Think lots of suits with awesome details and weekend looks that are anything but wrinkled.
6. For some international flair with a great back story, see First Generation Fashion. Daniela Kucher is herself a first generation American, and her blog is a showcase of fashionable New Yorkers whose international roots influence their lives and their style. The pictures are amazing and Kucher includes quick interviews that provide insights into the beautiful people in them.
7. Easily the edgiest on our list, Jazzi McGilbert’s eponymous JazziMcG blog might also be the most wearable. If you can rock black lipstick, this is definitely a good one for you. We love Jazzi’s attitude and the sometimes fuzzy, polaroid-y style of her photos. It’s wardrobe ideas galore.
8. Finally, we all know style isn’t just about the clothes and accessories..it’s all that other stuff too! You know – beauty products, makeup, skin care, lifestyle, etc. So start reading IntoTheGloss to round out your blog perusal. It will give you all kinds of tips, tricks, and shopping lists, along with fashion musings and stylish interviews.